Our summer season interns acquire an insider’s view of the member-country-focused mandate and significant worldwide work of the IMF. You’ll construct skilled networks when you apply your analysis and analytical abilities to assist us discover questions of actual significance to our member international locations and to international financial stability. Whether or not you see a future for your self in worldwide organizations or are merely inquisitive about coverage and operational work, this is a perfect alternative to familiarize your self with each whereas leveraging your cutting-edge abilities and increasing your analysis expertise.
We recruit for the FIP on a worldwide foundation with roughly 50 college students from around the globe becoming a member of us every year at IMF headquarters in Washington, D.C. These paid internships happen between June and October and run for 10 to 12 weeks.
You’ll work intently with an skilled IMF colleague on a present concern or analysis query of significance to our members. ( See under for info on internships within the IMF’s Authorized Division). The outcomes of your work could also be introduced to IMF workers on the finish of your internship, and plenty of of our interns have had their work printed by the IMF.
Earlier FIP analysis subjects have included:
- A Backside-Up Strategy to Modeling Inflation Dynamics in LAC
- Taking Inventory of Digitalization and its implications for Inflation Dynamics and Financial Coverage
- A Evaluate of the Expertise with Diversification, Poverty Discount, and Inequality
- The Function of Prudential Insurance policies in Attenuating the Credit score Cycle
- Macro-Monetary Efficiency, PFM, and Corruption Indicators
- The Function of Intangible Belongings and Innovation Coverage in ASEAN
- What’s Behind Excessive Curiosity Charge Spreads in Africa?
The IMF’s Authorized Division additionally affords internships underneath this program. In previous years, Authorized Division tasks have included:
- Evaluation of the Authorized Framework for Capital Controls Below the European Financial Space
- Analysis on the Insolvency of Non-Financial institution Monetary Establishments
- Analysis on the Authorized Mandate of the IMF In Monetary Regulation
- Cross-Nation Comparisons of Effectiveness in AML/CFT Efforts
For the Financial internship,
- You must have concentrated your research on financial and worldwide economics, public finance, monetary markets, economics, or a associated subject.
- As well as, it is best to possess sturdy analytical and quantitative abilities and have a wonderful command of written and oral English.
In case you are presently finishing a PhD, you should be:
- Registered as an energetic scholar (i.e. returning to college research after finishing the internship)
- Under the age of 32 firstly of the internship
In case you are presently finishing a grasp’s diploma, you should be:
- Registered as an energetic scholar on the time of utility (not but graduated)
- Under the age of 28 on the graduation of the internship
In case you are making use of to the Authorized Division Internship you should be:
- Inside one to 2 years of finishing an LLM, J.D, or equal superior diploma in legislation
- Under the age of 32 on the graduation of the internship
Find out how to Apply
College students in macroeconomics or a associated subject ought to apply via JobLink
A Regulation scholar or a scholar in a associated tutorial subject ought to apply via JobLink
For extra info, go to https://imf.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/IMF or https://www.imf.org/en/About/Recruitment/working-at-the-imf/fund-internship-program
- The above statements are supposed to explain the overall nature and degree of labor to be carried out by folks assigned to this job.
They don’t seem to be to be construed as an exhaustive record of all obligations, duties and abilities required of personnel so categorised.
All personnel could also be required to carry out different obligations along with these specified every so often, as wanted
• We don’t cost any utility, processing, coaching, interviewing, testing or different price in reference to the applying or recruitment course of. Must you obtain a solicitation for the fee of a price, please disregard it. Moreover, please be aware that emblems, logos, names and addresses are simply copied and reproduced. Subsequently, you’re suggested to use explicit care when submitting private info on the net
• We’re an equal alternative employer and worth range inclusion. We don’t discriminate on grounds of color, race, nationality, faith, age, ethnic origin, incapacity, gender, marital standing, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our persons are all equally gifted in distinctive methods: we come from various traditions, private experiences and factors of view. And we need to embrace yours, Are you able to encourage us together with your concepts?
• We encourage all candidates to use and doesn’t follow any discrimination in any recruitment course of.
• Functions submitted after the deadline is not going to be thought-about.
• Because of the urgency of the place, we’ve the suitable to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile earlier than the above deadline
• Solely certified candidates can be invited for interview