This publish can also be out there in: Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Portugal))
|JOB TITLE||Accountant, Monetary Reporting & Treasury|
|DIRECTORATE||Adminsitration & Finance|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Head, Finance Division|
|SUPERVISING||Accountants Accounting Assistant|
Be under 50 years previous. This provision doesn’t apply to inside candidates.
Functions are open from 21 October to 19 December 2020.
Software is on-line. Candidates are kindly requested to use by following the underlisted steps:
- Obtain the applying type by clicking on the hyperlink in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM), and fill it out accurately.
- Connect the finished utility type, a curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of motivation.
- APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: email@example.com
Beneath the supervision of the Principal Accountant, the incumbent shall help the Division in managing the monetary assets of the Parliament in accordance with accounting rules and the monetary rules of the Group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and evaluation the work of the Accounting group beneath his supervision;
- Supervise the day by day enter of accounting knowledge into the accounting system;
- Test and reconcile output knowledge on cost vouchers to dedication orders;
- Put together month-to-month financial institution reconciliation statements;
- Test the arithmetical accuracy of accounting knowledge on cost vouchers;
- Supervise preparation of cheques and money pay-outs;
- Help the Head of Division within the preparation of ultimate accounts for exterior audit;
- Put together monetary and every other associated memoranda for administrative functions;
- Performs every other duties as could also be assigned by the supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s diploma or equal in Accounting, Finance from a acknowledged College.
- 5 years of progressively accountable expertise in finance, accounting and finances;
- data and technical competence in monetary statements consolidation and talent to answer inside/exterior audit queries;
- data of money administration practices, insurance policies and procedures, and the flexibility to make acceptable suggestions to enhance their accuracy, safety timeliness and effectivity;
- data of varied funds programs, banking terminologies, pension fund practices and related monetary administration processes and insurance policies.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- capacity to influence/affect others to think about a sure perspective, undertake a brand new concept or implement new strategies and practices;
- capacity to guide a group of trainees/junior workers and instill a spirit of teamwork to have interaction workers and obtain a well-defined set of actions;
- capacity to respect chain of command in an acceptable method;
- capacity to resolve challenges that happen with minimal course and/or to advocate and clarify options or options for approval;
- capacity to make the most of the Code of Ethics to handle self, others, info and assets;
- capacity to mentor others and create suggestions loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to construct robust working relationships and enhance efficiency.
- contribute to sustaining organizational unit’s efficiency objectives and requirements.
CLIENT SERVICE ORIENTATION
- interpersonal expertise with capacity to maintain a shopper knowledgeable of progress or setbacks in tasks of relevance to timeline, high quality and amount;
- capacity to proactively work together with purchasers and construct robust trusting relationships primarily based on mutual respect and common discussions;
- capacity to determine and maintain skilled credibility with purchasers/stakeholders in a way that anticipates their want, mitigates points and that fastidiously balances skilled obligations with the must be delicate and attentive to their wants;
- capacity to counsel, advise, seek the advice of and information others on issues pertaining to assigned shopper service obligations and established shopper service requirements;
MULTICULTURAL SENSITIVITY AND ADVOCACY
- reveal respect for cultural variations, equity and talent to narrate nicely with individuals from diversified backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and faith;
- understanding of numerous cultural views particularly inside West Africa, with sensitivity to group variations; capacity to problem bias and to observe tolerance and empathy;
- capacity to hear actively, think about individuals’s considerations and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- capacity to work in a various and inclusive interactive surroundings that advantages from numerous strengths;
- capacity and accountability for incorporating gender views and guaranteeing the equal participation of ladies and men in all areas of labor;
- capacity to encourage, empower, and advocate for individuals in an unbias and clear method.
KNOWLEDGE OF ECOWAS
- data of ECOWAS establishments, sectors, programmes and insurance policies;
- data of ECOWAS inside operational necessities of packages, tasks, companies and programs required to realize work assignments and meet efficiency objectives;
- data of guidelines and procedures of ECOWAS related assigned obligations and talent to clarify these clearly to others;
- data of the ECOWAS tradition, constructions and efficiency points and priorities impacting assigned obligations;
- data of member states improvement developments, indicators, challenges and alternatives because it pertains to mission/programme assigned to personal place.
ANALYTICAL AND CRITICAL THINKING
- capacity to check knowledge/info from quite a lot of sources, establish anomalies, developments and points, current findings, and make suggestions;
- capacity to interrupt down issues or processes into key elements to establish and resolve gaps in service, high quality assurance, compliance and efficiency targets;
- data of and talent to use methods to generate inventive concepts and new approaches to assembly objectives;
- capacity to make use of proof and analysis to tell insurance policies and packages and establish related and acceptable sources of data, together with stakeholders, regional establishments and/or inside committees.
- reveal operational pc proficiency utilizing acceptable instruments;
- capacity to make sound use of graphics and tables to successfully current numerical knowledge to jot down semi-complex technical reviews/proposals and edit/verify templates, letters, and many others.
- capacity to convey info clearly and concisely in a succinct and arranged method by means of each writing and verbal means, ;
- exhibit interpersonal expertise, make displays, categorical opinions and debate concepts with others in a constructive method;
- proficiency in info communication applied sciences(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of many ECOWAS official languages of the Group (English, French & Portuguese). Information of an extra one can be an added benefit.
PLANNING AND IMPLEMENATION
- capacity to develop, implement a person motion plan for reaching particular work objectives;
- establish ,manage and monitor duties all through to facilitate execution;
- capacity to contribute and/or lead on tasks as per accepted mission administration requirements and methods, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- capacity to prepare work, set priorities, and work inside timelines, giving consideration to particulars, stakeholders, indicators and dangers;
- capacity to establish, gather and assess indicators to observe efficiency and to take proactive remedial motion as required.
The place is on Grade P3-1 with an Annual Wage of UA23,724, equal to US$37,432.