The Shell Petroleum Growth Firm of Nigeria Restricted (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Enterprise, is delighted to announce the tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for candidates from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The target of the scholarship programme is to offer postgraduate examine alternative in programs which can be related to the oil and fuel trade for qualifying college students from these Niger Delta states.
Within the ten years of this programme, 100 college students have received the chance to check at top-rated universities within the UK on full scholarship.
For the tutorial 12 months commencing September 2021, SPDC in partnership with three universities within the UK; Imperial School London, College of Leeds and the College of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. research.
The next programs qualify for award of scholarships on the three establishments:
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN
UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
To qualify for the scholarship, candidates should;
- show mental skill and management potential
- have an sufficient normal of English (at the very least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the School’s language requirement
- have been supplied admission to check on one of many Eligible Programs on the School having utilized via the traditional utility course of
- already maintain (or anticipate to carry by the point of taking on the Scholarship) a level of an equal normal to a UK Higher Second Class Honours diploma
- will need to have accomplished the Nationwide Youth Service by September 2021
- be ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and intend to return to Nigeria on the finish of the interval of examine
- haven’t already had the possibility of finding out within the UK or different developed nation
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2021
- at the moment reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of examine
- have a Nigerian worldwide passport legitimate until December 2021
- Workers, workers’ kin (or former workers who’ve left employment lower than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Corporations or the School won’t be eligible to use for the scholarships
Utility Course of
- Submit an utility for admission to any of the taking part universities for any of the qualifying programs.
- Utility varieties for the scholarship will ONLY be obtainable via the web sites of the Imperial School London, the College of Leeds and College of Aberdeen, following a proper supply of admission by the college.
- The schools will course of functions and choose candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC earlier than being thought of for remaining choice.
- Accomplished scholarship utility varieties should attain taking part universities not later than March 22, 2021.
The scholarship will cowl tuition, one financial system return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution in the direction of residing bills solely*.
MORE INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC COURSE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS CAN BE OBTAINED from the web sites of the three particular person universities.
- *Please word that the stipends (residing bills) are primarily based on the Affiliation of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) revealed residing charges and are restricted to this solely.
- This can be a non-committal scholarship. Notice that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell firm is obligated to supply employment of any type to any candidate upon commencement, neither are profitable candidates bonded to SPDC for any time frame on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will solely present a medical insurance coverage according to UK Pupil Visa necessities.
For extra info, Click on right here.