Eze celebrates the Prince of Niger Delta, Princewill, at 52… Describes him as an outstanding/distinctive Nigerian investor… Hails his astuteness in politics/philanthropy
As residents, diplomats and folks of goodwill everywhere in the world cling glasses in commemoration of the delivery of a composite gentleman and personification of braveness and philanthropy; the Scion of the Kalabari Kingdom, Prince Tonye T.J.T Princewill, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress and erstwhile Nationwide Publicity Secretary of the defunct New Peoples Democratic Get together (nPDP) and most significantly, an authority within the historical past and tradition of the Kalabari Kingdom and her folks, joined household and mates, the Kalabaris and all the Ijaw nation to mark the auspicious event of the delivery of the particular breed and present to humanity, who was born on January four, 1969 and clocks 52 right now.
Prince Tonye T.J.T Princewill, higher addressed because the ‘Prince of Niger Delta Politics’ is likely one of the nice politicians who’ve distinguished himself within the politics of the State and the nation at massive. A Nigerian investor, movie producer and philanthropist, Prince Tonye Princewill was the 2015 Labour Get together and 2007 Motion Congress nominee for the Governorship of Rivers State. He’s at the moment a staunch member of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
One time political ally of the then former Vice-President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar and the previous Governor of Lagos State and Nationwide Chief of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and an excellent admirer and follower of Rt. Hon. Dr. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, ex-Rivers Governor and Nigeria’s Minister of Transportation.
In an in depth and properly articulated treatise made obtainable to media homes, Chief Eze stated Princewill, a grassroot politician of reputation made historical past when he determined to hitch forces with Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi in 2007 to type essentially the most profitable unity Authorities ever in Nigeria. Based on the Peoples Prince, “We took the choice on the time that the enemy of your enemy is your buddy,” indicating his opponents had been Celestine Omehia and his ‘godfather’, Dr. Peter Odili, the previous governor of Rivers State when Rotimi Amaechi was put in Governor by the courtroom. He claimed that the choice to withdraw his case was made even simpler as a result of the identical individuals who provided to provide him 1.5 billion to withdraw his case, got here again to supply him 1.5 billion and proof of how they rigged the election towards him to maintain his case in courtroom with the motive to take away Rt. Hon. Dr. Amaechi.
Tonye Princewill later led members of the opposition events in Rivers State beneath the banner of the Discussion board of Organized Opposition Political Events to type a unity authorities with the Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi’s administration.
The occasion chieftain stated however the tone of opposing voices, Tonye Princewill stands undisputed as a decimal within the politics of Rivers State and the Niger Delta area on the whole.
Princewill, an avid member of the All Progressives Congress and frontline occasion chieftain was appointed the Director of Strategic Communication for APC’s Tonye Cole, to execute the 2019 Gubernatorial marketing campaign in Rivers state and produce victory to the folks, however for the acts of Abe and his small circle of saboteurs, he would have succeeded to put in an APC Administration in Rivers State.
Chief Eze stated at 52, Prince Tonye Princewill has achieved nice feats and attained a really enviable peak which many dread to aim. From efficiently operating Riverdrill, his oil and fuel conglomerate and different enterprise pursuits with tons of of Nigerians meaningfully engaged to being the youngest gubernatorial candidate in Rivers state elections of 2007 as candidate of the Motion Congress of Nigeria and Labour Get together Governorship candidate in 2015.
The delivery of Prince Tonye Princewill, the son and scion to the well-known King (Prof) Theophilus Jacob Tom Princewill (CFR), Amachree XI, the Amayanabo of Kalabari Kingdom, coincides with that of his father who turns 91 right now.
This distinctive coincidence within the delivery of father and son may be very vital and distinguishes the family of Prof. TJT Princewill from different households on the planet.
Having adopted this younger man for over a decade, Chief Eze maintained complete account of the politics of Rivers State shall be grossly faulty with out the point out of this enigma; a technocrat of the very best order, an completed businessman, a consummate politician and a philanthropist per excellence, whose influence within the political engineering of the State can’t be overemphasised. He stands out as an expert engineer and a enterprise magnate, who didn’t take politics as a occupation for lack of technique of livelihood however as a way to draw democratic dividends to the folks.
Eze additional highlighted that Prince Tonye Princewill was a senior technical undertaking supervisor and enterprise analyst of the very best caliber. A strategic thinker with wonderful problem-solving skill, he’s extremely adaptable and properly skilled throughout various environments. From international, multi occasion, multi million pound tasks to hands-on, low finances challenges, he has a confirmed monitor file of getting the job accomplished. He is a wonderful communicator, efficient in any respect ranges and assured in resolving enterprise, technical and political points. The motivation, enthusiasm, technical experience and crew constructing expertise Tonye brings to his tasks have been pivotal to their successes.
A post-graduate of Imperial School London, Princewill is a licensed PRINCE II practitioner with a sound working data of each ITIL and Change Administration and has till fairly not too long ago, been a daily presenter on undertaking administration points. Along with his Info know-how and Oil and Gasoline pursuits, he has a enterprise empire that spans throughout the aviation business to the haulage of petroleum merchandise for NNPC (Nigerian Nationwide Petroleum Company) and OANDO. His firm is concerned in strategic placement of assets with the targetted placement of funding from outdoors and inside Rivers State.
The Prince who clocks 52 right now, January four, 2021, is credited for exhibiting knowledge past his years when in 2007, he withdrew unconditionally, his tribunal case towards the PDP in Rivers state for what he known as strategic causes. The AC/PDP partnership practiced within the state is a research in selflessness and political engineering in Nigeria.
Princewill is an expert who intentionally entered into politics on account of his issues for his folks and private makes an attempt to assist them. He determined to convey his acumen and dynamism to bear on his effort to serve his folks as Governor within the 2007 and 2015 elections. At the same time as a personal businessman, he has been a people-centered individual, who prefers to sacrifice to make others completely satisfied. Tonye sees equality in all males.
Prince Tonye TJT Princewill from the start (Start & Schooling)
Prince Tonye TJT Princewill was born to Prof and Mrs TJT Princewill on 4thJanuary, 1969. He started his formal training in Nigeria on the well-known Hillcrest Excessive College Jos from 1976 to 1980. His put up major training noticed the younger prince on the prestigious Federal Authorities School, Port Harcourt (1980-1985) the place he gained many laurels together with award as the most effective English scholar within the college. With an impressive efficiency on the West African College Certificates Examination and the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board exams, the younger Tonye enrolled on the Universityof Port Harcourt the identical yr he left secondary college, naturally geared up to check and bag a Bachelor’s diploma in Petroleum Engineering (1985-1990). By 1991, after his youth service, Prince Tonye Princewill had left the shores of Nigeria searching for the Golden Fleece and ultimately feathered his cap on the Imperial School, London with an M.SC in Postgraduate research in Mineral Assets Engineering and a Diploma of Imperial School (DIC) London. His pursuits are folks, movie, soccer, swimming, basketball and journey.
PRINCE TONYE PRINCEWILL AND HIS TYPE OF POLITICS
Based on the Prince, “My political profession is unbroken. Good individuals are turning into an increasing number of crucial to maneuver Nigeria ahead. When Nigerians realise we can’t proceed like this, they may search for folks like us or youthful variations to exhibit excellence and toughness mixed. I should not have to be the one operating for workplace, however both means I shall be concerned.
The dream was by no means to rule, it was to guide and lead by instance. I do this every single day in no matter capability I discover myself. It’s not straightforward to have interaction with all types of politicians and are available out clear. I consider I’ve accomplished that. It’s not straightforward to come back from nowhere and make a reputation in state and nationwide politics, I consider I’ve accomplished that. It’s not straightforward to hitch the Nollywood household and make an influence, I consider we’ve got accomplished that and it isn’t straightforward to develop the enterprise contacts we did with out politics, but once more we’ve got additionally accomplished that. If politics has not allowed me present my capability right now, sooner or later I’ll in no matter capability. Perhaps I’m larger than simply Rivers state or politics. Perhaps my dream is to be a statesman. The nation is in need of them.”
Happily I’m not ready to kill, maim or sacrifice human life to attain political targets. So my ambition and my desires are measured by the worth I’m ready to pay for them. The darkish actors in Rivers state know that if I determine to go down the trail of violence, neither of them would relaxation straightforward. They know I’m not the one who can be afraid. However just like the story of the 2 girls and King Solomon, I’m not ready to kill my folks with a view to lead them. There must be a line.
Our leaders have allow us to down. Historical past and God is not going to be too type to us. Your solely redemption is to indicate your monitor file. Corruption must be addressed head on however we should be capable of speak and stroll on the similar time. Fiscal self-discipline, creating the surroundings for progress, safety within the Niger Delta particularly and the promotion of a optimistic id are essential if we wish to crack the No 1 drawback in Nigeria – JOBS.”
The liberal democrat has been concerned in a whole lot of advocacy for his folks. Just a few which may be talked about listed below are as follows:
– He was at Enugu personally to liaise and collaborate with the Ohaneze Ndi Igbo management to allow them to submit solutions on tips on how to resolve the Niger Delta situation in 2009.
– Believes in inner democracy and that political events in Nigeria should be ideology pushed and has in that regard appealed to His Excellency Alh. Bamanga Tukur, the then PDP Nationwide Chairman to make the occasion an ideological based mostly political occasion.
– Did the not possible completely not like any politician in Nigeria by his dramatic resignation from the Imaginative and prescient 2020 Committee of which he was a principal member, to protest a navy assault on Gbaramatu, in Delta State. Such principled politics has made Prince Tonye Princewill a model identify within the Niger Delta battle and earned him legions of awards–testifying to his emergence as an essential chief.
– He’s the Founder and Chief of Princewill Political Associates (PPA), a political strain group spearheading emancipation and uplifting the welfare of the folks of Rivers State.
FURTHER ATTESTATION TO HIS TYPE OF POLITICS
Prince Tonye Princewill politics is predicated on his usually quoted phrase – “you’re blessed to bless others”. He’s additionally motivated by the Bible which states in Proverbs 28:27 that “He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack; however he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse” in his drive to raised the numerous the much less privilege in our society. Just a few of his philanthropic exploits are as follows:
– On 26th July, 2008, he sponsored 20 youths from Niger Delta and 4 members of Sports activities Writers Affiliation of Nigeria (SWAN) to observe dwell the Manchester United and Portsmouth Soccer Golf equipment all English Golf equipment throughout they go to to Nigeria at Abuja
– He began the yr of 2012 when he visited and donated 25 million to the Port Harcourt Polo membership, 26 million in the direction of Microfinance for rural girls, a number of million in the direction of organising a 3D studio for movie academy students
– By June, 2012, he sponsored ten brilliant Nigerians beneath the aegis of Change Nigeria Group (CNG) on a tour of Dubai and South Africa the place they met with members of the UAE royal household, institutional buyers and leaders from far and large in order that they might uncover for themselves the secrets and techniques of their success. .
– The Prince via the Princewill Belief Fund sponsors the yearly Amachree Scholarship Fund for indigent college students from the 23 Native Govt Areas of Rivers State and for 2012 about 150 Rivers Indigenes in Larger Establishments within the nation at the price of N20M was concluded efficiently.
– Donation of N25m to the Polo Membership, meant for the development of a regular pavilion in honour of his father.
– Donation of N23M Ability Acquisition Scheme to our LGAs and coaching of our rural girls in Rivers State by empowering them via ability acquisition scheme as a believer within the saying “don’t give me fish however educate me on tips on how to fish”.
– Scholarship to indigent college students of Rivers State, a uncommon privilege to pursue their academic careers in larger Establishments.
– Donation of a bus to the Nationwide Affiliation of Ijaw Feminine College students.
– Recognized and donated N2.5million to the Rivers State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) throughout its State NUJ Fifth Delegates Convention of which he was the Convention Chairman.
– Donation of pc gear to media group such because the Tide Newspapers furnished and geared up the Cyber Cafe of the Federated Correspondents Chapel, Port Harcourt
– . On 2nd of Could, 2012 he did the not possible by donating an geared up classical Media Centre to his then political occasion, PDP at Abuja for the usage of Journalists. Throughout one of many Ladies Day in Rivers State, the Prince instituted a 26 Million Naira Microfinance Fund for Rivers State Rural Ladies.
– An energetic and key participant in creating consciousness for the melancholic plight of the much less privileged just like the orphans by his sponsorship of NNENDA, a Nigerian house video that highlighted the plight of deserted kids and the sponsorship of “Melody Shelters Singing Expertise Present” that value him N120M whereby the ultimate occasions noticed Godswill Orphanage of Kogi State clinching the coveted trophy and the Championship Prize of N10M whereas the Runners-up, the Lifetime Orphanage of Rivers State acquired the Prize of N5M. Rachael Properties, Abuja got here in third carting house the N3M prize. 5 Hundred Thousand every was given to the opposite remaining 5 Properties as co-champions.
– Assisted his alma-mata, UNIPORT Alumni when he donated the sum of N5M to the Management of the then Engr. Sampson N. Adumu led Exco to assist them of their actions throughout the launching of the Affiliation in Port Harcourt on July, 2012.
– Sponsored and arranged soccer competitions with some previous soccer stars based mostly in Port Harcourt, feminine and U-18 Soccer Tournaments in his drive to proceed to provide succor to our youths.
– As soon as intervened and assisted folks in Rivers and Bayelsa States that had been affected by the damaging floods within the land.
– Has touched tons of of the lives of the widows in Rivers State via his “New Life For the Widows in Rivers State”
Tonye Princewill and the Movie Business
1. Created historical past when he premiered the primary film in Port Harcourt in September 12th, 2009 when Nnenda, a film concerning the ills of orphanhood was staged on the well-known Silver Chicken Cinemas in Port Harcourt.
2. He adopted up with the premiering of the Worldwide award successful “The Figurine” anchored by the well-known Kunle Afolayan in 11th October, 2009 on the Silver Chicken Cinemas, Port Harcourt. This film was the second Nigerian film to hit field workplace standing after Stephanie Okereke’s ‘By means of the glass’.
three. The Prince premiered Kajola the costliest movie ever produced in Nigeria on the silver fowl cinema Abuja on 30th July, 2010, with a whooping manufacturing value of One Hundred and thirty Million Naira (N130M). The plot of the film set in Nigeria , which is predicted to enchantment to all Nigerians within the sense that it explores the implications of the continual neglect of the poor and the widening hole between the wealthy and the poor and the following catastrophic outcomes stemming from such neglect.
four. He sponsored the manufacturing of the primary film in Nigeria on celluoid Digital camera titled “76” hinged and anchored on the coup of 1976 in Nigeria aimed toward recreating historical past for the incoming era and preserving a exceptional a part of the historical past of our nation. The put up manufacturing is ongoing in Germany. The second is Valor, a film that offers with the Niger Delta and Boko Haram points and can also be at put up manufacturing.
On the Toronto Worldwide movie pageant in 2016, Tonye and crew stood out because the film ’76’ which he proudly produced was singled out for honor.
On his subsequent film about Boko Haram the Prince of the much less privileged said, “we’ll go to Sambissa. We’re additionally doing a documentary as we converse which is certain to open doorways Nigeria has saved closed for over 40 years. However in the whole lot we do, we do it with knowledge and care. The unity of Nigeria is paramount. I see our variations as worthy of celebration and never a trigger for battle. Worry shouldn’t rule us, love wants to begin successful. I’m glad to be within the midst of an business that may make and is making a distinction”.
5. The RIVMAP which is the brainchild of Prince Tonye Princewill to function a platform for the emancipation of our youths from poverty and hopelessness by discovering, nurturing and grooming expertise within the arts to stardom had throughout its inaugural outing that value him the sum of N20M had Mr. Timi Julius carting away the N5M Report Deal in Music with the Dancing group of the Thrillers successful the N2M Prize within the Dancing Group and Mr. Jacob John a Welder/Fabricator based mostly in Port Harcourt from Akwa Ibom successful the N1M meant for the Comedy group.
6. Sponsored Mr. Valentine Ohu in Broadcast Journalism, Miss Crystabel Goddy in Appearing, Mr Telema Senibo in 3D Graphics, Miss Mercy Akudo additionally in Appearing and Mr Stanley Kotey in 3D Graphics to the Del-York Movie Academy.
7. Donation of multi-million Naira geared up studio to some youths he sponsored to the Del-York Movie Academy.
eight. His month-to-month Award of One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) to the much less privileged Merchants/Artisans is a should look out by many of the youths in Rivers State.
On his mission, Chief Eze quoted the the Prince as stating thus, “I’ve seen wealth, however, I’ve not discovered it fascinating accumulating it. What’s of curiosity to me now’s tips on how to contact these lives that aren’t but privileged to have the essential issues they want for survival. I need justice to be accomplished to all and to have the ability to converse for the unvoiced majority who should not have entry to the corridors of energy. These are the folks I really feel most involved for, and as I stated earlier, my want to make their voices heard by those that lead, made me to hitch politics”.
On His imaginative and prescient: “Rivers state must be one massive growth unit. I don’t suppose that what we’ve got now within the State is sufficient. Sure components of the state usually are not but feeling the influence of presidency and facilities usually are not evenly unfold. Whereas some areas are begging for the state authorities consideration, others are having greater than their justifiable share of the state’s assets. This lopsidedness within the distribution of social facilities must be checked so that each a part of the state can be adequately taken care of”. It turns into apparent that Franklin .D. Roosevelt, a former president of america of America, an orator and thinker of nice acclaim, had the likes of the Princewills in thoughts when he wrote: “The check of our progress will not be whether or not we add extra to the abundance of those that have a lot; it’s whether or not we offer sufficient for many who have little.” Holding tenaciously to this everlasting verity, TP as he’s known as by admirers, believes chief must be a public servant, who strives relentlessly to place smiles on the faces of his followers with out putting undue emphasis on their social standing or dashing the hopes of the poor lots”.
To many Rivers State folks, he’s the Prince of the much less privileged whereas to his political associates he’s the Prince of the Niger Delta Politics and to most of his mates from the opposite components of the nation, he’s the most recent Bridge Builder whereas to you the reader he’s a consummate politician!
Lastly, the occasion Chief opined thus “I have to confess that in my interplay with human beings inside my sixty three years of sojourn on earth, I’ve come throughout only a few strong-willed personalities similar to Tonye Princewill. However of all of them, none could be described as an unassuming however very dogged within the pursuit of any course he believes to a fault. An completed tutorial, an orator and a patriot, a charismatic politician, an impressive philanthropist, a voice for the unvoiced, a research in humility, an excellent supervisor of human assets, a fearless warrior and unassuming humanist, foresighted and a believer in a united, stronger and viable Rivers State. This particular present to the folks of Rivers State and Nigeria is the one youngster of his father, HM King Prof. T. J. T. Princewil, Amachree XI the well-known Amanayanabo of Kalabari kingdom, a famend Scholar and top quality Royal father in Rivers State.
Referring readers and most of the people to a hyperlink to study extra about Tonye Eze stated “It’ll do you a whole lot of good if you’ll discover time to observe this documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxbUJYEIX and you may be satisfied that really we’re blessed by this particular present to mankind”.
On behalf of his associates, family and friends, Eze needs Prince Tonye Princewill, a contented progressive birthday and presents to this man of honour who has confirmed past any iota of doubt that it’s higher to serve than to be served, 52 treasured garlands, on the auspicious event of his 52nd delivery anniversary. He prayed God to bless and multiply him in all spheres and past human creativeness.
Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze
APC Chieftain & former Nationwide Publicity Secretary, nPDP
04 – 01 – 21