This submit can also be out there in: Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Portugal))
|JOB TITLE||Principal Program Officer, Infrastructure|
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA66, 123.98, USD104, 330.42|
|DIRECTORATE||Directorate Of Administration & Finance|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Director, Administration & Finance|
|SUPERVISING||· IT Officer· Facility Officer· Transport Officer· Safety Officer|
|DUTY STATION||ABUJA, NIGERIA|
Purposes needs to be despatched to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beneath the supervision of the Director, Adminstration and Finance, the incumbent will preserve the property and services of the Parliament, preserve IT infrastructure & companies, guarantee safety and handle the transport fleet.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, co-ordinate and supervise the work and the workers of the Division;
- Function contact individual in issues regarding the administration, upkeep, re-modelling and safety of Parliament’s Secretariat;
- Co-ordinate and execute all engineering works on properties of the Parliament within the fields of civil, mechanical or electrical engineering;
- Liaise with the Headquarters Landlord concerning upkeep contracts, re-modelling initiatives and constructing security;
- Consider, examine and report on any issues within the Headquarters constructing or some other properties utilized by the Parliament. Consider and comply with up on insurance coverage preparations for the constructing(s). Make suggestions for enhancements;
- Liaise with contractors and repair suppliers to make sure that works and companies are delivered as per signed contracts in an environment friendly and well timed method;
- Advise on the allocation of workplace lodging and gear;
- With the help of the Safety Officer, handle issues regarding safety throughout the Headquarters constructing and some other constructing utilized by the Parliament. Guarantee the security of individuals, gear and property of the Establishment in these premises;
- With the help of the Transport Officer, handle the transport fleet of the Parliament;
- With the help of the IT Officer, preserve wonderful IT infrastructure and companies;
- Carry out some other duties as could also be assigned by the supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters diploma (or equal) in Civil Engineering, Public Works, Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering, Telecommunications/Electronics Engineering, Water Sources Engineering, Economics, Enterprise Administration or Finance, with intensive expertise in infrastructure initiatives, or any Masters diploma in Utilized Science associated to infrastructure, from a acknowledged College.
- 10 years of progressive expertise of utilized infrastructure evaluation in a creating nation context, engaged on coverage improvement processes and programmes, planning, design, improvement, implementation and upkeep of knowledge methods and telecommunications, of which a minimum of 2 years related worldwide work and a pair of years at a supervisory stage;
- data and understanding of worldwide help, collating, analyzing and presenting proof/analysis utilizing statistical and wider analytical expertise, financial ideas and appraisal;
- data of infrastructure provision in state rebuilding akin to infrastructure service provision in catastrophe, battle and post-conflict conditions, together with emergency provision to totally different inhabitants teams (e.g. homeless, refugees city, rural);
- demonstrated data of infrastructure challenge administration and improvement and infrastructure service supply;
- demonstrated data of knowledge methods and telecommunications applied sciences for giant and complicated geographically dispersed organizational environments;
- data of ICT trade benchmarks, insurance policies and requirements for efficiency, improve companies and efficiency administration with demonstrated skill to guide a programme transformation;
Be beneath 50 years outdated. This provision doesn’t apply to inside candidates.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- skill to guide in assigned programmes and initiatives by offering the mandatory managerial and operational experience required for the achievement of the group’s mandate;
- skill to guide by instance and set up teamwork to encourage cooperation to attain focused outcomes, champion and construct momentum for change and to result in worker engagement;
- skill to respect chain of command in an applicable method;
- wonderful self-management expertise, demonstrating ethics and integrity, confidentiality and displaying due regards for inside controls of guidelines, delegations and transparency;
- skill to deliver collectively complementary expertise/experience, assess particular person contributions and acknowledge/deal with accomplishments and shortcomings in a fashion that brings continued success to the group;
- data of program administration on the stage normally acquired from a certification in program administration.
- skill to analysis benchmarks and traits to result in one of the best suggestions for the event and enchancment of applications/initiatives that can greatest serve the group/group;
- well-developed networking and interpersonal expertise to hunt suggestions, info and knowledge from a community of execs from a number of international locations/sectors/organizations and to determine and prioritize essentially the most crucial group necessities;
- skill to handle and co-ordinate shopper administration initiatives and make suggestions;
- skill to develop and implement greatest practices in shopper companies;
- skill to develop and implement stakeholder administration plans, applications and initiatives to acquire buy-in on new initiatives, to higher perceive dissenting views, to acquire assets and to extend perceptions of success.
- skill to be diplomatic, tactful and respectful of different individuals from different backgrounds, understanding various cultural views particularly inside West Africa with the power to transform variety into alternatives to enhance program/operational outcomes;
- skill to create a various and inclusive interactive atmosphere that advantages from various strengths bringing collectively revolutionary practices;
- skill to stay goal in managing battle no matter cultural variations /positions, gender variations, and encourage different workers to beat cultural and gender bias and variations;
- skill and accountability for incorporating gender views and making certain the equal participation of ladies and men in all areas of labor;
- skill to serve the curiosity of culturally various multinational groups/organizations/communities and individuals with incapacity with out prejudice and bias
- understanding of the ECOWAS organizational construction, related dynamics and expectations as required to collaborate, take part, contribute and lead successfully;
- data of the ECOWAS mandate, strategic plan/priorities in addition to the financial, political and social state of affairs and traits in Member States, as pertains to personal scope of labor;
- data of ECOWAS greatest practices, program administration approaches and analysis methods to guide and/or contribute to the event or evaluation of applications, initiatives or initiatives;
- data of the ECOWAS guidelines and procedures with the intention to appropriately interpret and apply directive or textual content, present technical recommendation, coach others and assess efficiency.
- skill to investigate a state of affairs through the use of indicators to evaluate the prices, advantages, dangers, and possibilities for achievement in making selections;
- skill to drag collectively info from totally different sources to determine the reason for issues, penalties of different causes of motion, potential obstacles and methods to keep away from the issue sooner or later;
- skill to interrupt down very complicated conditions/info into easy phrases to elucidate suggestions and conclusions aimed toward fixing issues or enhancing operations/applications/initiatives;
- skill to develop new insights into conditions, apply revolutionary options to issues and to design new strategies of addressing points or disconnects the place established strategies and procedures are inapplicable or not efficient.
- skill to speak with influence, clearly and concisely in a succinct and arranged method conveying credibility & confidence when making shows, setting expectations and explaining complicated points;
- skill to hear intently and accurately interpret messages from others and reply appropriately;
- completed technical writing and modifying expertise;
- exhibit lively listening expertise to encourage stronger communication amongst workforce members and to drive worker engagement in all establishments and businesses;
- skill to provide constructive suggestions, present recognition, deal with shortcomings and encourage direct reviews to work at peak efficiency;
- proficiency in info communication applied sciences(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of many ECOWAS official languages of the Group (English, French & Portuguese). Data of a further one shall be an added benefit.
- organizational and challenge/program administration expertise with important expertise figuring out timelines, targets, prices and assets essential to ship on operational/program/challenge outputs consistent with end result based mostly administration strategy;
- skill to set efficient objectives and targets for self, others, and the work unit and adjusting work or challenge priorities in response to altering circumstances;
- skill to make use of participatory strategy in challenge planning and determine gaps affecting the achievement of program/challenge expectations and to design and implement intervention plans required to construct the specified process;
- skill to implement rigorous monitoring and analysis practices and to set in place common reporting schedules related to key outputs;
- skill to plan, set up, management assets, and to adjust to insurance policies, procedures and protocols to attain particular objectives.
- The above statements are supposed to explain the overall nature and stage of labor to be carried out by individuals assigned to this job.
They aren’t to be construed as an exhaustive record of all duties, duties and expertise required of personnel so categorized.
All personnel could also be required to carry out different duties along with these specified every now and then, as wanted
• We don’t cost any utility, processing, coaching, interviewing, testing or different price in reference to the applying or recruitment course of. Must you obtain a solicitation for the fee of a price, please disregard it. Moreover, please word that emblems, logos, names and addresses are simply copied and reproduced. Subsequently, you’re suggested to use specific care when submitting private info on the internet
• We’re an equal alternative employer and worth variety inclusion. We don’t discriminate on grounds of color, race, nationality, faith, age, ethnic origin, incapacity, gender, marital standing, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our persons are all equally gifted in distinctive methods: we come from various traditions, private experiences and factors of view. And we need to embrace yours, Are you able to encourage us together with your concepts?
• We encourage all candidates to use and doesn’t apply any discrimination in any recruitment course of.
• Purposes submitted after the deadline won’t be thought-about.
• As a result of urgency of the place, now we have the correct to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile earlier than the above deadline
• Solely certified candidates shall be invited for interview