The Public Affairs Part of the U.S. Mission Nigeria invitations functions from certified Nigerians wishing to show Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American college students in U.S. universities and schools.
The FLTA program is designed to supply younger international academics a chance to show Yoruba language and tradition to American college students in universities and schools. This system additionally provides a chance for members to refine their instructing expertise, improve their English language proficiency and lengthen their information of the cultures and customs of america by participating in non-degree research whereas strengthening the instruction of international languages at U.S. schools and universities. Changing into a participant carries with it a fantastic duty. Together with their research, members educate language programs, supervise language labs and lead language desk discussions. They could additionally act as useful resource individuals in dialog teams, cultural representatives, attendants in language laboratories, coordinators of extra-curricular actions, visitor audio system in civilization programs, head of language golf equipment, homes, tables and way more.
Grant Profit: The grant covers the grantee’s spherical journey airfare to the U.S., a settling-in allowance, month-to-month stipend, housing allowance, medical health insurance, and tuition scholarship for his or her coursework. Provisions can be made for members to attend a Fulbright FLTA Summer time Orientation in america previous to starting their program. Through the FLTA program, fellows are additionally invited to take part in particular Fulbright enrichment seminar and convention for skilled growth and networking alternative.
Notice: The grant doesn’t cowl journey of relations; therefore grantees won’t be allowed to journey with partner and kids or family members to america even at their very own expense.
Area of Research: Competitors is open to candidates who main in English Language, Schooling, Hausa, Yoruba, Linguistics and Languages
To be certified for this program:
- Candidates have to be residents or nationals of Nigeria, or everlasting residents holding a sound passport issued by the federal government of Nigeria. She or he have to be residing within the nation on the time of software
- Candidates have to be graduates who’ve obtained their bachelor levels in English language, Schooling, Linguistics, Yoruba, Hausa and Languages
- Candidates have to be academics of English Language or Yoruba or Hausa in Nigerian secondary faculties, schools or universities. Confirmed years of instructing expertise are necessary
- Candidates will need to have the endorsement of their employer
- Candidates will need to have an excellent tutorial document and excessive stage of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimal rating of 90 within the Web Primarily based TOEFL check.
- Candidates will need to have at the very least a credit score in Yoruba language in WAEC/NECO
- Candidates should have an in-depth information of Yoruba or Hausa tradition and present occasions in Nigeria. They will need to have honest curiosity in instructing Hausa or Yoruba language and tradition to college students within the U.S.
- Candidates will need to have management expertise and the flexibility to encourage college students in an emphatic method
- Candidates should clearly exhibit maturity, dependability, creativity, professionalism, flexibility, and a willingness to be taught
- Candidates have to be able to turn out to be a cultural ambassador focused on assembly individuals and turning into a part of neighborhood occasions and campus actions
- Candidates will need to have excessive motivation and a critical dedication to finishing this system as scheduled and to returning dwelling
- The FLTA program seeks candidates which have developed a way of private integrity and are authentic thinkers. Candidates which can be discovered to have plagiarized of their software can be disqualified
Utility and Directions: The applying and directions could be discovered at https://apply.iie.org/FLTA2021
- Candidates ought to log onto the web site, enter an e-mail handle and create a password. Please bear in mind this password as a result of it will likely be used all through the appliance course of.
- Candidates are strongly suggested to learn the directions previous the appliance rigorously.
- All candidates should fill out the appliance types utterly and fix their supporting paperwork on-line (three letters of references, Curriculum Vitae, tutorial transcripts from every post-secondary establishment attended and writing samples.)
- Essays ought to handle this system targets and embrace future plans of instructing English language in Nigeria.
Arduous copies of official tutorial transcripts must be forwarded to our workplace by common mail.
For YORUBA Please handle the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Part, U.S. Consulate Common, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
For HAUSA Please handle the envelope to the Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Space, Abuja
Candidates with particular questions not addressed by the web software directions could e-mail them to Nigeriafulbright@state.gov
Notice: The Fulbright program is a well-liked program, the Public Affairs Part will ONLY NOTIFY SHOTRTLISTED
Click on right here for extra info
Utility Closes: June 1, 2021
- The above statements are supposed to explain the final nature and stage of labor to be carried out by individuals assigned to this job.
They aren’t to be construed as an exhaustive listing of all tasks, duties and expertise required of personnel so labeled.
All personnel could also be required to carry out different tasks along with these specified sometimes, as wanted
• We don’t cost any software, processing, coaching, interviewing, testing or different price in reference to the appliance or recruitment course of. Do you have to obtain a solicitation for the cost of a price, please disregard it. Moreover, please word that emblems, logos, names and addresses are simply copied and reproduced. Due to this fact, you’re suggested to use explicit care when submitting private info on the internet
• We’re an equal alternative employer and worth variety inclusion. We don’t discriminate on grounds of color, race, nationality, faith, age, ethnic origin, incapacity, gender, marital standing, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our individuals are all equally gifted in distinctive methods: we come from various traditions, private experiences and factors of view. And we need to embrace yours, Are you able to encourage us along with your concepts?
• We encourage all candidates to use and doesn’t apply any discrimination in any recruitment course of.
• Functions submitted after the deadline won’t be thought-about.
• As a result of urgency of the place, we’ve got the precise to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile earlier than the above deadline
• Solely certified candidates can be invited for interview