The United Nations Improvement Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ world growth community. It advocates for change and connects international locations to information, expertise and sources to assist folks construct a greater life for themselves. It offers knowledgeable recommendation, coaching and grants assist to creating international locations, with growing emphasis on help to the least developed international locations. It promotes technical and funding cooperation amongst nations.
Headquartered in New York Metropolis, the standing of UNDP is that of an govt board throughout the United Nations Common Meeting. The UNDP is funded fully by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The group operates in 177 international locations, the place it really works with native governments to satisfy growth challenges and develop native capability.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Stress Counsellor
Job ID: 33066
Observe Space – Job Household: Administration – STRESS MANAGEMENT
Emptiness Sort: FTA Worldwide
Posting Sort: Frequent System
Contract Length: 1 Yr with risk for extension
- Below the executive supervision of the Chief Safety Adviser for Nigeria and the technical steering of the CISMU Regional Stress Counsellor, the appointed Stress Counsellor will administrate a variety of stress administration actions, actively taking part in emergency preparedness within the nation in collaboration with UNDSS and the UN emergency coordination group as per the UNDSS CISMU normal operational procedures on essential incident stress.
Duties and Tasks
The primary position of the Nationwide Stress Counsellor can be:
- To construct a sustainable stress administration system within the UN Workplaces working within the nation;
- To enhance essential incident stress administration preparedness of the UN safety administration system (UNSMS) in case of emergencies. That is relevant to the present COVID 19 disaster that’s thought-about as a protracted well being emergency that has advanced psychosocial repercussions for UN personnel within the quick and the long run that requires knowledgeable psychological interventions.
Different duties that could be required:
- Develop and implement a stress administration plan relevant to all UN Businesses within the nation.
- Present particular person, group and demanding incident counselling classes to employees and dependents as/when wanted.
- Plan and facilitate preventative stress administration coaching on a wide range of stress-related points to UN employees within the nation and flow into helpful studying sources associated to emphasize periodically.
- To oversee, assist, and coordinate actions of Nationally Recruited Nation Based mostly Stress Counsellor (NOB) primarily based in Maiduguri.
- To help in establishing the Essential Incident Stress Intervention Cells (CISICs) together with deciding on Peer Helpers and household focal factors, facilitate peer helper coaching classes (collectively with UNDSS CISMU) and coordinate and observe up on all related actions associated to see helpers.
- Throughout the interval of employees teleworking from dwelling, ship group stress counselling classes to small goal teams utilizing teleworking services/strategies concerning COVID-19 and every other associated subject (e.g. stress administration, peer assist, resilience).
- Have the ability to go to and journey recurrently to UN Workplaces/Sub Workplaces within the nation to be able to implement preventative stress administration coaching actions and provide technical consultations when wanted.
- Liaise with native consultants and establishments within the nation for referral functions. Collaborate with UN managers, medical docs, and native physicians on psychosocial wellbeing points with the target of building a community of execs able to assist and intervene in case of want.
- Advise UN administration on stress mitigating methods and actions
- Carry out ongoing assessments and monitor the determinants of stress in UN employees to incorporate actions equivalent to knowledge assortment, analyses and associated documentation.
- Present month-to-month reviews to the Chief Safety Adviser with copies to UN Headquarters UNDSS CISMU Regional Stress Counsellor on all psychosocial assist providers.
- Ship group nose to nose classes the place potential as can be organized by the workplace, to make sure that employees recurrently obtain related data, and are conscious of sources the place to search out data or help.
- Present steering/assist to activate buddy techniques, teaching, intervention and employees assist teams
- Present grief counselling for households, buddies and colleagues of deceased employees members.
- Determine, handle and observe up on essential incident stress circumstances amongst UN employees and dependents within the nation.
- The worldwide goal is to offer culturally delicate counselling providers for UN employees in Nigeria, actively taking part in emergency response with key stakeholders within the nation.
The Stress Counsellors will:
- Carry out psychosocial wants evaluation amongst UN employees and monitor the evolving determinants of stress
- Often temporary UN employees and managers on the psychosocial facets of tCOVID-19.
- Advise UN administration on short- and long-term stress mitigating methods and measures.
- Apprise the DO/RC, the Chief Safety Adviser and UNDSS CISMU Regional Stress Counsellor on psychosocial providers supplied.
- The stress counsellors will handle all psychosocial assist providers for UN personnel within the nation, in collaboration with the UN doctor primarily based in Abuja, below the executive steering /supervision of the UNDSS Chief Safety Advisor (CSA) for Nigeria and the technical supervision of the UNDSS CISMU Regional Stress Counsellor, New York.
- Present systematic stress counselling providers to UN personnel and households throughout and after the pandemic to forestall stress-related illnesses together with melancholy and PTSD
- Present psychoeducation and coaching to UN personnel and households in managing isolation, telecommuting stress and distressed relations
Required Abilities and Expertise
- MD (Physician in Medication) with specialization in Psychiatry
- Grasp’s Diploma in Psychology (Scientific Psychology or Counselling Psychology (Grasp’s Diploma ought to have been obtained after a Bachelor’s diploma in Psychology, Counselling or Social Work)
- Extra coaching or expertise in a broad vary of associated fields equivalent to alcohol/substance abuse, stress administration, essential incident stress and cross-cultural counselling and communication can be an asset
- Certification (country-specific or worldwide licensure or equal) authorizing the incumbent to ship psychological well being providers as a Psychologist, Scientific Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist or Psychiatrist is required
- Information in regards to the area and its cultural practices associated to psychological well being and well-being is fascinating
- A minimal of 5 (5) years of progressively accountable expertise in medical psychology, counselling psychology, psychoeducation or psychiatry, with at the least two (2) years of expertise managing psychological well being packages at worldwide degree.
- Qualifying years of expertise are calculated after the receipt of an accredited superior degree diploma recognised by the United Nations.
- Expertise in disaster administration or emergency response is required.
- Expertise in offering stress counselling throughout the United Nations system or every other Worldwide Group is fascinating
- English and French are the 2 working languages of the United Nations.
- For the put up marketed, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in every other native language is very fascinating.
- Skill to make new and helpful concepts work .
- Skill to influence others to observe
- Ensures groups are resourced for achievement and empowered to ship
- Skill to enhance efficiency and satisfaction.
- Creates environment of belief to construct acceptance and search numerous views, cultures and particular person wants throughout the group
- Skill to pay attention, adapt, persuade and remodel.
- Reliably and constantly listens and interprets data and instruction appropriately
- Skill to get issues finished whereas exercising good judgement.
- Takes duty for addressing essential conditions and delivering core worth
Technical / Purposeful Detailed:
- Replicate Reliably: Perform work, as directed, and show motivation to develop
- Professionalism: Execute & Be taught: Performs outlined duties effectively and deepens information of space of labor
- Respect for Variety: Implement & Handle: Workout routines expertise and information independently, demonstrating capacity to handle self and crew obligations, in space of labor
- Dedication to steady studying: Navigate & Information: Charts a course for a techniques method to steady studying, adaptation, and excellence, creating institutional imperatives to comprehend progress inside throughout the related career
- Communication: Combine & Empower: Leads integral work of groups using experience, imaginative and prescient, problem-solving functionality, and collaborative vitality in skilled space of experience
- Technological Consciousness: Position Mannequin & Resolve: Creates an atmosphere to facilitate full institutional potential and governs UNDP’s strategic and political investments in step with organizational values and ideas.
- Creativity: Apply & Adapt: Contributes expertise and information with demonstrated capacity to advance innovation and steady enchancment, in skilled space of experience
- Innovation: Originate: Catalyzes new concepts, strategies, and purposes to pave a path for innovation and steady enchancment in skilled space of experience
How one can Apply
and certified candidates ought to:
Click on right here to use
Essential data for US Everlasting Residents (‘Inexperienced Card’ holders)
- Below US immigration legislation, acceptance of a employees place with UNDP, a world group, could have important implications for US Everlasting Residents. UNDP advises candidates for all skilled degree posts that they need to relinquish their US Everlasting Resident standing and settle for a G-Four visa, or have submitted a legitimate software for US citizenship previous to graduation of employment.
- UNDP will not be able to offer recommendation or help on making use of for US citizenship and due to this fact candidates are suggested to hunt the recommendation of competent immigration attorneys concerning any purposes.
- The above statements are meant to explain the overall nature and degree of labor to be carried out by folks assigned to this job.
They aren’t to be construed as an exhaustive checklist of all obligations, duties and expertise required of personnel so categorized.
All personnel could also be required to carry out different obligations along with these specified every so often, as wanted
• We don’t cost any software, processing, coaching, interviewing, testing or different payment in reference to the appliance or recruitment course of. Must you obtain a solicitation for the fee of a payment, please disregard it. Moreover, please be aware that emblems, logos, names and addresses are simply copied and reproduced. Subsequently, you might be suggested to use explicit care when submitting private data on the internet
• We’re an equal alternative employer and worth range inclusion. We don’t discriminate on grounds of color, race, nationality, faith, age, ethnic origin, incapacity, gender, marital standing, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our persons are all equally gifted in distinctive methods: we come from numerous traditions, private experiences and factors of view. And we wish to embrace yours, Are you able to encourage us along with your concepts?
• We encourage all candidates to use and doesn’t apply any discrimination in any recruitment course of.
• Purposes submitted after the deadline is not going to be thought-about.
• Because of the urgency of the place, now we have the precise to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile earlier than the above deadline
• Solely certified candidates can be invited for interview
Software Deadline 22nd October, 2020.